Date: AUGUST 2021
C.R. SURFACING LABORATORIES PTY LTD ACN 079 160 946
of Building 3 / 66-74 Micro Circuit, Dandenong South, Victoria 3175
- CR Surfacing Laboratories Pty Ltd (“CR Surfacing”) knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers, candidates and other users of our website www.crsurfacing.com.au (“Website”) and our goods and services.
- CR Surfacing is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles, under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which set clear standards relating to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of any personal information we obtain as a result of our business operations. CR Surfacing has implemented stringent security measures and procedures to ensure compliance with the National Privacy Principles and to keep any personal information you provide secure.
- Where you provide CR Surfacing with your personal information, whether in person, via the Website, by email or any other form of correspondence, CR Surfacing will endeavour to ensure that such information remains private and is only used in accordance with this policy. By providing CR Surfacing with your personal information, you consent to CR Surfacing collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Collection of Personal Information
- Personal information is provided to CR Surfacing in many different ways. Most personal information is provided to CR Surfacing through customers registering for an account with CR Surfacing or applying to join a loyalty program offered by CR Surfacing (if applicable) or updating their details for either of these services.
- Personal information is also collected when goods or services are requested from CR Surfacing, when goods or services are provided to CR Surfacing, when a customer completes a survey, questionnaire or competition application form, when customers participate in forums where CR Surfacing’s goods or services are discussed and when customers communicate with CR Surfacing employees in person, by telephone, email or any other form of correspondence (e.g. if a customer contacts customer service or provides any feedback regarding CR Surfacing’s goods or services).
- Generally, you are not obligated to provide any information requested by CR Surfacing. However, if you choose to withhold information, CR Surfacing may not be able to provide you with any goods or services that depend on the collection of this information (particularly where collection of this information is required by law).
- If you have applied for employment with CR Surfacing, CR Surfacing may collect your personal information including, but not limited to, your name, contact details, qualifications, work history, your right to work in a particular country, languages spoken, professional memberships, accreditations, your work objectives and any other information included in your application or resume. If you are to be considered for employment, we may also collect references from your nominated referees.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- CR Surfacing may use information collected from you to:
- provide you with goods or services you have requested;
- personalise and customise your experience on the Website, including (if applicable) saving shopping cart information;
- help CR Surfacing manage and enhance the services it provides to you;
- communicate with you in order to maintain our business relationship with you or respond to any queries you may have;
- enable you to apply for a specific employee position with CR Surfacing or submit your resume generally;
- provide you with ongoing information about employment with CR Surfacing which CR Surfacing believes you may be interested in; and
- give you the opportunity, from time to time, to receive information about CR Surfacing news, events, promotions, competitions or offerings in respect of CR Surfacing goods and services such as emails or ‘e-newsletters’. You will of course be able to unsubscribe from such communications.
- CR Surfacing understands that information about its customers is an important part of CR Surfacing’s business and is not in the business of selling customers’ information to third parties. However, CR Surfacing may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties which CR Surfacing has engaged to perform functions on its behalf, such as processing credit card information, order fulfillment, mailouts, shipping, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising or third parties which we have retained in order to provide services that you have requested such as psychometric evaluations or skills tests if you are applying for employment with CR Surfacing. These third parties must comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as CR Surfacing;
- another business if CR Surfacing merges with or is acquired by another business. In this event, CR Surfacing may share your personal information with the new owners of the business and their advisers but you will of course be notified of such an event;
- regulatory or law enforcement authorities if CR Surfacing is required to do so; and
- any third parties authorised by you to receive personal information held by CR Surfacing.
- Access to Personal information
- CR Surfacing account holders can access or update the account information which CR Surfacing holds about them at any time by logging into the Website.
- You may also request access to or update the personal information which CR Surfacing holds about you by contacting CR Surfacing’s privacy officer at the contact details set out below. However, there are some exceptions to this right in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- CR Surfacing may require you to verify your identity and provide further information about your request. Where CR Surfacing is legally permitted to do so, CR Surfacing may refuse your request for access to your personal information and CR Surfacing will provide reasons for doing so.
- Where you request your personal information to be updated and there is a dispute about the facts, CR Surfacing will make a note on your personal information of such dispute.
- If you request that CR Surfacing stop using your information and stop contacting you, CR Surfacing will comply with that request.
- CR Surfacing reserves the right to charge an administrative fee for processing any requests to access and update your personal information.
- CR Surfacing protects the personal information which CR Surfacing holds from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by various means including firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions. CR Surfacing also uses ‘Secure Sockets’ software which encrypts information you input.
- While CR Surfacing takes all reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure, accurate and current, the internet is not always a secure method of transmitting personal information. Accordingly, CR Surfacing cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to us or receive from us over the internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
- Where we have links on the Website to the websites of third parties, we can not ensure your privacy will be protected on such websites in accordance with this policy. You should consult the privacy policies of such websites as CR Surfacing has no control over them and CR Surfacing is not responsible for any information which is submitted to or collected from these third parties.
CR Surfacing may amend this Policy from time to time. You should visit the Website regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes to this policy.
- Contacting the Privacy Officer
C.R. Surfacing Laboratories Pty Ltd
Building 3 / 66-74 Micro Circuit
DANDENONG SOUTH VIC 3175