CR Surfacing is Australia’s market leading independent optical lens manufacturer, located in Melbourne, Victoria. Since established in 1976 as a small family business, history has seen us grow to employ over 50 Australians in a state of the art environment, working with the latest technologies and cutting-edge equipment. Never losing sight of our humble beginnings, our core values remain commitment, integrity, independence and innovation.
- Our lenses are fitted and quality-assured by trade qualified optical technicians
- Our profits and taxes stay within Australia
- We reinvest in the latest technologies
- We support Independent Optometry Practices across Australia
- We keep manufacturing in Australia, supporting local jobs
- We care for the environment – our waste management system saves over 500,000 Litres of water per year
- We are giving back – through donations and volunteer work, we are helping communities in need See Better around the world
- Located in Australia, we provide quick turnaround times and uninterrupted delivery
Big shout out to all the gang at CR Surfacing and their Focus on Australia campaign. We jumped on board early and love the concept and the support for independent practices.
What a fantastic team! You are all such lovely people. Your unwavering support for us as practitioners, for our patients and our profession as a whole, both on an everyday basis and in such an important event as ICBO, is very much appreciated!”
What an amazing effort by our local lens laboratory, CR Surfacing!! This is one of the many reasons why we believe in shopping local and love that we provide our customers with Australian Made lenses. Great job team, you’ve done us proud.
Best lab and turnaround is amazingly quick. Thank you.
Providing jobs to locals and providing first class products for the Australian public. We love to say our lenses are Australian made!!!
CR Surfacing employs an amazing team which we all love to deal with. We can hear their smiling faces on the end of the phone ready and waiting to help us. Proud to say we use and support an Australian business.
Now, more than ever, we need to support the companies who are making the best products here, employing Australians and supporting other Australian businesses and communities.
The care and attention to detail from the laboratory to minimise the edge thickness, using blending, chamfering and polishing techniques is amazing.
The new Perfection series multifocal stands head & shoulders above anything i have worn before.